Seed until ratio is reached THEN start other downloads

durerca

utorrent needs a feature where a torrent has priority until it has finished seeding to a ratio before starting any other downloads. I have a setup I always use where I allow only 1 torrent to be active at a time. I allow it to download, seed until 125%, then start the next queue item. Currently, utorrent's seeding priority allows you to put a ratio to seed until, then it will stop. However, say you have 2 torrents, one will download completely and once it's finished downloading instead of seeding to your set ratio and then starting the next item in queue, it will stop seeding, start the next download, then when all downloads are finished, your seeding will go until it's reached your ratio mark.

I see your point but the advantage to letting a torrent have priority until it's finished seeding, again especially on private trackers, is that torrents cool off after enough peers have downloaded it. The best time to seed is right away so you can keep a high ratio. This is where not stopping a torrent and giving it priority until it's finished seeding is beneficial. I just hope this can be an option that is available in the future because I see that better queue handling is something that is being worked on according to the upcoming features sticky.

utorrent's strength is its low resource usage yet it's availability of features. The more customization that can be allowed, the better. As it is already though, it's such a fantastic BT client.

Although i understand your reasoning, with regards to the cooling off of torrents.. it's actually good for the torrent if you still seeding it for a longer period. Not everyone downloads something within a few hours of it coming out.. so having the torrent alive longer is good for the community which youre part of. :)

What would happen if you set the max downloads to 1, and max active torrents to 1? Does it download, seed to ratio, then stop...then move to the next one? Not tried it, but sounds reasonable.

I have both my max downloads and max active torrents set to 1. What happens is that 1 torrent will download to completion, stop, go into queued seeding, the next torrent will start downloading. When all other torrents are finished downloading, then the 1st torrent will seed to the set ratio, and so on thru the rest of the completed downloads.

Archived