speed guide doesn't make sense

hofshi

if you choose an upload of 96k in the speed guide, it will recommend the following:

max active torrents: 1

max active download: 1

connections(per torrent): 50

connections(global): 75

If one choses to accept these recommendations, the 75 global connections will never be reached.

It would make more sense, if when the guide recommends a max of 1 active torrent, it would recommend an identical value in (per torrent) connections, and in (global) connections.

What about if you had more than one torrent going? Would the global maximum limit the number of connections per torrent.

ex. Torrent 1 has 50 connections

Torrent 2 can only have 25

It seems to work like you've written above, well, at least for me. Exactly in this way I limit the number of connections for my seeding tasks, while I'm downloading at the same time (seeding needs much less connections). I start the leeching torrent first, wait for some time (it takes a while ;) ), and then start the seeding one.

cheers /MM

I am totally confused. Is there anyone out there that could help an old lady sort out what she has signed up for. I would be willing to phone. I signed up with fullsoftwaredownload as I want to get MS FrontPage, I paid my membership and then couldn't find where I went to download the program. By reading the instructions and following them, or I thought so, I ended up downloading utorrent. Now I don't know what to do with it, as if I end up on the utorrent site my password won't work. Help please.

LOL Thank you. Could I get you to go check out the site? www.fullsoftwaredownload.com I paid them and then was taken to a page on their site where I was told to download the .utorrent program. Then when I tried to go to the utorrent.com and click on download torrents here . . . I basically got the same sign up page. So I tried to login with my ID and password that clickbank provided me with, and was told that it wasn't valid on that page.

Fullsoftwaredownload.com has an 800 number, but their hours are only until 7 p.m. EST even though it says 9 p.m. on the website. I used paypal and if they are scamming then I will for sure turn them in. Thank you for the advice. I picked this topic as it was general and I could see that one or two of the posts were recent.

Archived