Seeds/Shmeeds

Lucephus6117

Maybe I'm jaded, buuuuuuuuuuuutttttt, after trying all the "swags" ,(Scientific Wild Ass Guess), I'm almost convinced that the only thing that gives me fast DL's is to have a lot seeds on a torrent. I have DL'd in the 200-300 kB range with a lot of seeds, otherwise I live in the 5-25 kB world. It sucks!!!!

Even when I seed for a long time, (days), the UL"s are slow because there's not many peers. What??????

Signed, jaded

:-)

Yep, done that and done that. Thank you.

But, how can I only sometimes DL up to 300 kiB if I have problems in those areas?

Please read my POST before posting- it makes MY life a little easier too. Basically, I think my system is fine, Utorrent shows ofline on all different trackers. Would that be a problem caused by the areas you mention?

I've spent hours trying all the Forum and Faq solutions and nothing helped.

Hence my Jaded opinion of bit torrents. However, I am still hopeful I will find movie torrents that have a lot of active seeders.

I appreciate your interest

How about being less rude, eh? Thank you.

Some torrents are faster than others. That's just how it is. Assuming everything else constant and proper, it always HAS been about who you're connected to. If you were able to download fine on some torrents, then you probably have everything configured properly. Try reading this FAQ entry regarding the hosts being offline. If you still think there's something wrong, how about providing us with more information (also known as READ THE STICKIES)?

Because there's torrents where you can get max speeds even without those. But if you get Network OK, take care of incompatible software and use the Speed Guide, it can improve speeds on other non-special torrents.

Yes, my questions can have an impact on all trackers being offline for you.

And do try not to be rude, no one here has any obligation to help you at all. And the fact that you didn't read the stickies and provide the information you're supposed to doesn't put a good light on YOU.

What router do you have? Modem? How many peers/seeds in the swarm? How many are you actually connected to? Are you on beta 431? Have you patched tcpip.sys to 100? Have you altered net.max_halfopen (you shouldn't)?

Not getting good speeds unless you are on a torrent with lots of seeds makes me think you're not uploading as fast PER UPLOAD SLOT as others in the torrent. This would cause others' upload bandwidth to mostly go to other people...so they get fast download speeds and yours suck -- even when there's nothing wrong at all with your computer, router, modem, or ISP.

Archived