µTorrent Web login errors due to OS format/reinstallation

daveknight72

Greetings,

My name is Dave. I downloaded Falcon a couple of weeks ago and have run into a problem. I formatted/reinstalled my OS today and can no longer log onto µTorrent Web. When I try, I get the following error messages:

404: Remote client returned an error

Your remote uTorrent client is unavailable or returned an error.

Is the client connected in the Remote Access preferences?

or

Failed to connect to µTorrent Web:

Username is already in use. Please try a different name.

Press "OK" to review your login settings.

I'm positive that this has something to do with the format/reinstallation. I saw in the forums that someone else did the same exact thing as me and they sent an e-mail to you guys so you could "free" their username on you end.

Here's the forum page:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=68270

Is this possible? If so, my username is "daveknight72".

Please e-mail me back when you do so.

Is there any way that this can be avoided in the future, if I happen to do another OS format/reinstall? Also, is there some kind of "verify file" that I need to back up to assist with that?

Please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Dave

"daveknight72"

Dave, refer to your email inbox for the response from support. Sorry for the delay. In the future we plan to allow you to reassociate your username with a new client by setting a security question, and we will then no longer reset usernames manually via support requests. Thanks for your patience.

jknoll,

Just wanted to say thanks to you and Support for resetting my µTorrent Web username. I was able to successfully log in yesterday and was enjoying testing Falcon... until I realized that my OS was acting up AGAIN. Long story short, I was forced to reinstall my OS a second time and, in the process, lose my µTorrent Web username again. So, I'm right back where I started.

I already sent another e-mail to falcon@utorrent.com.

Needless to say, I WILL NOT activate my actual µTorrent Web username until the re-association system that you mentioned above is implemented. In the meantime, I'll just create a temporary username. My OS is fine now, BTW.

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

Dave

"daveknight72"

Archived