Bypass a firewall using proxies

DeSerioso

I am currently enrolled in a 43 day clinical trial and they have a firewall that doesn't allow me to visit certain sites or download anything. I have downloaded utorrent using a proxy connection and have tried to set up a proxy to download through but no matter how many guides I try to follow I can't seem to get it to work. Can I use the proxy function to bypass these download restrictions or not?

A sure fire guide would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Proxies aren't gonna help you at all with that kind of firewall. I fear even a VPN will not achieve anything. That's quite the firewall. You could use the proxy to make the trackers work but peers connections wouldn't so you wouldn't actually be able to download anything anyways.

Also if they discover that you were able to bypass it wouldn't it just void the whole trial?

No no, nothing like that. If they found which I doubt they ever would, they would just give me a stiff talking to. The thing is, is I used a proxy to download utorrent to begin with and I can use them to visit any site I please when I usually can't without the use of proxies, also I can visit the proxy sites themselves, so that tells me that the firewall isn't too advanced. But I could definitely be wrong.

the thing is though that the way utorrent works you need to establish many, many connections and those proxies just don't do that not to mention that the program doesn't support it. If the firewall is software based then no matter what sort of tunnel/vpn setup you use it will also be restricted by the same firewall. Sorry man there's nothing you can do in this situation, without proper port access and port-forwarding its hopeless.

Archived