Funneling uTorrent through a VPN - and nothing else

Daeger

I finally decided to give Ipredator a shot, it's something I've been meaning to try for a long time, and boy was I disappointed. I admit I don't know a lot about networking, but I was expecting it to work similar to a proxy. No such dice, it was a very binary choice: Funnel ALL traffic through the VPN or NONE. I've tried a lot of different things, like the advanced options for binding incoming/outgoing ip's, the forcebindip program, and messing with firewalls, but nothing works. I want to be able to torrent while I play online games, I do it all the time - but online games become unplayable behind a VPN.

Surely someone figured out a way to do this by now that isn't a colossal pain in the ass?

Not really, the way a vpn works is taking all traffic from your computer and it makes it look like a new internet connection has opened up, but this new connections runs through your old one to the server on the other side. In most cases the throughput is quite similar however your ping times skyrocket because the packets have to go all the way to that server and then to their destination. if you want to play online games then you'll have to disconnect temporarily to get any good speeds.

You'd have to figure out a way to make the game ignore the new internet connection and use the original, As far as I know the VPN software automatically grabs all traffic, and sandboxie only isolates the registry and settings. Like moogly said try asking ipredator for advice.

Archived