uTorrent doesn't accept incoming connections. Port forwarding is fine

blickbox

This is a pretty weird problem. I set up port 10472 in uTorrent settings, and add a rule for this port in my firewall. But still, uTorrent does not accept connections through this port (or any other).

What's weird about this, is that port forwarding is working 100%

How do I know that? I closed uTorrent, and started a FTP server on the exact same port and immediately connections are accepted on this port. Both real life tests, and the uTorrent port test website.

So this MUST be an issue with uTorrent itself - since it's not accepting connections on the port i specified. Does anyone know why it doesn't?

I run Windows 7, and uTorrent is added to the built in firewall (which i also tried to disable. I have no other security software).

i dont know if this the same but tonight utorrunt is failing the speed test saying i have not port forwarded.i have downloaded bittorrent and with the same setting there is no problem. i dont understand why utorrent is failing and bittorrent is not after all they are more or less the same program.thanks for any help

But still' date=' uTorrent does not accept connections through this port (or any other).[/quote']

Do you mean the newtwork icon stays yellow or the online portforwarding test fails (to configure the bandwidth during you're installing µT)?

The status icon in bottom of the app is a orange/yellow triangle, and the port forwarding test fails. If i exit utorrent and start a FTP server on the same port i configured in utorrent, online port forwarding succeeds. In other words, uTorrent itself isn't accepting connections to the port I specified in settings...

I checked the windows firewall again, and manually added utorrent again. I've also tried to disable the windows firewall completely, but nothing helps. I have no other security software.

Archived