Slow DL w/wireless,no router/modems,w/Access Points.

digihax420

Hello guys, I'm getting a slow download of some awesome movies I'm trying to dl through utorrent, but the problem is that i can't figure out how to fix a slow dl with an Access Point, see what i am saying is, I have no Router/Modem...I'm on a wireless Access Point at a campground where I am taking a nice needed vacation, now as far as 'their' Router/Modem in the Office at the Park here I don't know about having access to that but from my camper i can see the wireless Access Point on their building. What about the wireless card in my laptop?. Is there a way to get a faster connection/download through my wireless card in my laptop?, Not too sure though...

Thnx guys hope you can help me out here lol...

Is the slow speed due to weak signal and packet loss?

Configuring a remote router is probably impossible -- if UPnP doesn't auto-forward it for you, then you are probably permanently firewalled in uTorrent.

If you know how much you are supposed to be getting (or can get consistent results in speed tests), then you can give uTorrent settings that to fit those values. 2nd link in my signature.

You may also want to disable bandwidth-using features that may help your speeds little...1st link in my signature.

well, when i do connection tests with bandwidth check marked and usa,ga,atlanta chosen cause im in tenn,the test results are (367.0 kbit/s)...when the network is checked it says port not opened (but still able to Download)...but since i'm wireless and only able to connect to access points i guess i'm just always going to be forever behind a firewall then lol dang...hey, would you happen to know how to open a port on a laptop that can only connect to access points, im not too sure if i remember and the link in your sig and websites idk how to find a way to open a port on a wireless card is the problem...

Archived