Newbie :)

ronin4

I have just installed Utorrent on my Windows7 PC. Its the first time I have used the software instead of bitcomet, but BT have been throttling.

I am also using FireFox lastest version.

I am not technically minded but I am hoping for some help.

First When I select MAgnetic link on PBay and choose Utorrent in Launch Application then after a few seconds I get " utorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump."

Or if I select download from Pirate page I get something that is only kbs in size?

Also i keep getting a message that Utorrent is running but not repsonding. I have tried to switch it off using Taskmanager, but I keep gettng the same message?

I am on a very limited bandwidth allowance so want to know how to stop it running, as so far it hasnt downloaded anything because of error messages.

Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance

Rod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for trying to help but I really dont understand any of that?

What is HJK? Where do I find this "...%" file, why are you directing to another website?

I am simply trying to connect the download button on the PB site with the opening of Utorrent and the downloading of the file.

Instead it constantly tells me Utorrent appears to be already running. The only download it shows is the kb file with names, it has added to ADD torrent by url and Add torrent by file, but nothing happens if I click either.

It is the latest Firefox, Utorrent 2/8/10 and Windows 7

I have no real understanding of this technology, I cant understand why I cant just right click and select download like I would do wit Bitcomet.?

Hi thanks for trying to help but I really dont understand any of that?

What is HJK? Where do I find this "...%" file, why are you directing to another website?

I am simply trying to connect the download button on the PB site with the opening of Utorrent and the downloading of the file.

Instead it constantly tells me Utorrent appears to be already running. The only download it shows is the kb file with names, it has added to ADD torrent by url and Add torrent by file, but nothing happens if I click either.

It is the latest Firefox, Utorrent 2/8/10 and Windows 7

I have no real understanding of this technology, I cant understand why I cant just right click and select download like I would do wit Bitcomet.?

1) Because he is trying to help.

2) After installing uTorrent did you Read the Fine Manual and follow the setup guide?

3) You, Associate with .torrent file and magnet URI in your uT General Preferences > Windows Integration section, then when you click one or the other on a torrent page Firefox should open uT and load the torrent for you IF you don't have Don't start the download automatically checked in your UI settings.

But it sounds like you might have other problems, that I can't help with, but others can if you provide the information requested. :)

Archived