Listen Error with ports between 100-199. Please Help!

pickitup13

I'm trying to get port forwarding working with Utorrent Version 1.0.0.1 (20277) on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.5.8. When I go to my router's settings page, it shows that my available ports are 100-199. However, every time that I use any number in that range, Utorrent gives me a "Listen Error" with a red dot.

I've tried about 15 different random numbers in that range and still the same thing happens. Also, when I use the "randomize port" feature on Utorrent, it selects a port in a much higher range (such as 42126) and I get a green dot suggesting that there is no "Listen Error". I've tried disabling "Automatic Map Port using NAT-PMP UPnP" and that did nothing. I also heard that I needed to forward port 100000 in addition to the one I'm trying to forward. Any help is appreciated because I love Utorrent and have spent all day trying to figure this out :D

Edit: Also, my firewall is turned off.

Edit: So, I got port 64001 working on both uTorrent and my router. However, even after my router restarted, port forward checkers like canyouseeme.org say that the "connection timed out". Is there a way to check my forwarded ports on my mac (maybe using the network utility?)

D-Link DIR-628.

Is it possible to rename your torrent files and still have them seed on a mac? I read the FAQ, which is obviously for a PC. I'd like to rename my files while they're downloading. And also, I moved my torrents to a different internal hard drive. Is there any way to get them to seed? I can't find an option on the mac version to relocate where the files went.

Archived