goto1004

It's free for non-commercial private use. I'm here not to promote this app, but Pierre, who developes XnView, seems to be a person of good will and kind heart as i can judge by XnView's forum (well, at least he pays attention to his app users wishes). So if you ask him, he might help. May be yes, may be not, but you wont know until you try.

Yep, that will be a good test to know if the culprit is Win 2K or a bug in µT.

I'm not saying it's NOT unique to Windows 2000 but this problem didn't start for me until Utorrent and Bittorrent did the last upgrade. I was originally using Bittorrent and after the 7.0 upgrade I lost the left click feature when choosing individual files to download (right click select/deselect still works). Then it started crashing so frequently that I switched to Utorrent, thinking that might help, but the symptoms are exactly the same... I used bittorrent flawlessly for over 1 year before the 7.0 upgrade... I hope they address these glitches for Those of us that run 2000 Servers... Right now I'm thinking about switching back to bittorrent 6.4 because that was still very stable for me and left click select/deselect worked...

No, on Juny 13 2010 Microsoft stopped support for Win2k, no bugfixes anymore, at least official from Windows Update service. Though for the system it is running on Win2k is the best choice, XP would not give any benefits.

But developer guys, why don't you just rewrite uTorrent simply in .NET Framework 4 for 64 bit? It would spare you a complains like this. Backward compatibility doesn't seem to be the strong side of your application anyway. You can stop pack the exe with UPX too, because 300 KB against 600 KB does not brings any profit in the times of monstrous installations of Vista or torrents of a many GBs content.

Regards.

My main machine, while not exactly state-of-the art performs well and boots

PCLinuxOS , XP & Vista - and I make good use of all three.

However, I have an older box which I run Windows 98 & Win2k on.

It's really too old to upgrade and it still works fine for kids games (Windows 98), email

and utorrent (Win2k) - apps which use little CPU.

(trying to run Flash animation in the web browser is too demanding, so that gives you some

idea as to the kind of PC we're talking about)

If you can see from the image I posted above there was a Windows 2000 update

just last week.

If you can see from the image I posted above there was a Windows 2000 update

just last week.

Your capture doesn't prove anything.

In fact your computer is NOT up-to-date with the latest Win 2000 updates.

You installed the update KB952069 few days ago but MS released KB952069 on 12/9/2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=6A459497-0AB8-41CB-87D0-B551631D8D8A&displaylang=en

And as I said, Win 2000 is not supported anymore by MS: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1131

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived