Help - fresh v.204 install will not see old directories. What to do?

carl startnow

There is another solution if you have stored all your torrents in the same main download folder.

You can use the freeware BEncode Editor (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306) and edit the file resume.dat (the copy before your install) and use the function 'find/replace' as any text editor to replace the path.

Anyway that implies you have a backup copy of resume.dat containing your previous torrent history.

Nice one moogly! Thanks.

I wish I knew to save the 'resume.dat' file before I started screwing with what I thought was a second, older uT install seen in my 'Add or Remove Programs' folder.

Damn windows! It told me I hadn`t used that uT .exe since 2009....and a second one said to have been last used earlier this year. I run uT on average once a week! So that`s why I did a full un-install...and sorry I did.

Ha...with all that repetitious key stroking restoring the torrents and files, I made plenty of mistakes. I`ll be searching folders for the rest of my life I think..haaaaaa.

Strange thing too...the torrents that never saw activity in the previous v.204 install, ran to completion as soon as they hit the road in the new install ! Weird.

Shame I can`t just do a 'system restore' and all would be done.

Thanks for the heads up on that BEncode app. i`ll keep it in the vault. ha

Carl.

Archived