Upload problem

SarutobixSasuke

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I'm trying to upload, I get good upload speeds when my internet isn't temporarily shut down (usually for 10 to 30 sec.). Also the network indicator icon is green but then turns to a yellow exclamation, usually signifying that my internet has been temporarly shut down. I have port forwarded and triggered my utorrent port. Also have done the bandwidth test pre-installed in Utorrent. Should I leave my firewall on or shut it off? What settings should I adjust from default in Utorrent preferences?(Windows firewall with exceptions for utorrent active) My ISP is Comcast and my speeds are: Download: 1.4Mbps; Upload: at max 400Kbps.

Use the 384 settings in utorrent's speed guide (ctrl + G)

You should be able to leave your firewall on as long as you set the proper rules and exceptions for utorrent's traffic, (eg port number allowed and utorrent's program set as safe).

Also, the disable option in a firewall usually doesn't actually do anything, more than stop you from being notified when it blocks something.

Some firewall's do not behave well with any amount of tinkering, ZA and Norton are some of the worst, and probably aren't even worth your time.

as for your internet cutting out, it could be a number of things. Most likely cheap hardware.

What do you have for modem and router?

I don't understand your speeds...you only have 1.4 megabit/second download speed max...yet have 0.4 megabit/sec upload speed max?

I wasn't even aware ComCast offered a speed tier in that range. Their economy/lite speed tier is only ~1 megabit/second down and probably pretty pathetic up.

Archived