!Torrent re-check failure.

Ioseph

Torrents at 100% and told to recheck sometimes hang at 90-ish% done. Shows pieces of the files missing but this is untrue. Files loaded are exact copies of torrent files from zip. Initial check is fine. Later recheck is not. No modified files. File .zips are downloaded from Jamendo for seeding/sharing purposes. (ie go to jamendo download album .zip, download album .torrent. add download files to torrent foler, set torrent to save to folder with files, check.... 100% done....hours later, recheck 90% done.)

1/ Do you have some torrents containing MP3 files?

2/ Are they multifiles torrents? If yes, did you skip some files when you were downloading the torrent?

Multifile torrent, no skips. MP3 format.

Jamendo offers zip files of the albums and the zip is the EXACT same content as the MP3 torrent. I extract the files from the zip and add the torrent with files in place. Torrent sees the files and reports 100% done so I can seed. (no actual downloading from BT, Jamendo is severely lacking on seeds so I'm a volunteer seeder.)

Usually when this problem comes up its because whatever program you're using for music is editing the mp3 tags, (song titles, artist, etc). If that stuff has changed it throws off the checksum for the whole file requiring a re-download. This is not a bug but rather a mistake on your part to not copy/move the files before hand.

Archived