.torrent files don't open when double-clicked when utorrent is opened.

Invy

When utorrent is OPENED, .torrent files don't open/add when I double click them (or when hitting enter) in Windows Explorer. Nor do they open/add when I choose to 'open' them in Firefox instead of, 'save'.

However, when utorrent is CLOSED, everything works fine: utorrent opens up as it should, and the 'Add New Torrent' dialog pops up, and I can resume from there.

"Automatically load .torrents from" option seems to work fine. So I either use that or manually going to File > Add Torrent in utorrent.

Also, .torrent files seem to be associated with uTorrent, and also the 'associate' button in utorrent is grayed out.

What is the problem here?

EDIT: I think it may have started when I updated from version 2.0.2.20165, but i'm not 100% positive on that.

I'm on XP Pro. I tried that already. If you mean by going to Tools > Folder options > File types, and resetting the association there?

Anyways I think I 'semi'-fixed it. I just changed the filename from utorrent.exe to uTorrent.exe (capitalized T) and now torrents are loaded on double-click lol.

However, if I have utorrent hidden (in boss key mode) and try to open a torrent, it doesn't add it. What the heck?

This isn't normal behavior, is it? I always recall opening a torrent, and it would pop up with the add torrent dialog.

Just right click on a random .torrent stored on your computer and select "open with..." then select uTorrent.exe stored in %programfiles%\uTorrent.

Yes, if .torrent files were associated with utorrent.exe (not T), I guess the .torrent association was broken.

Yes, in boss-key mode, adding a torrent is disabled to stay discrete (it's new).

Yeah I had tried that too. Everything is good now, anyways, though.

It would be nice to have a gui.bosskey_addtorrent_discrete option for those that preferred the old behavior... or for those that being discrete isn't necessary like me.

Thanks. You've been most helpful.:cool:

• 1 month later...
Yeah I had tried that too. Everything is good now, anyways, though.

It would be nice to have a gui.bosskey_addtorrent_discrete option for those that preferred the old behavior... or for those that being discrete isn't necessary like me.

+1

Archived