Connecting with VPN

TheGift73

utorrent has always worked perfectly for me, but whenever I try to download anything whilst connected to my VPN it will completely stop. Looking at my ipconfig/all I can see that the (Preferred) IPv4 Address is 192.168.111.101 under the heading of 'PPP adapter VPN Connection:'

When I try to edit the firewall rules in my router (Netgear DG834PN) to change the 'Send to LAN' address from 192.168.0.9 (static) to the VPN one (192.168.111.101) it will tell me that it's an illegal address?

Any ideas?

When I try to edit the firewall rules in my router (Netgear DG834PN) to change the 'Send to LAN' address from 192.168.0.9 (static) to the VPN one (192.168.111.101) it will tell me that it's an illegal address?

Because the router is basically not able to forward to addresses outside of the 192.168.0.x range.

If you have a static IP defined on your computer, you can set the net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip settings to match it, but ONLY if you have a static IP for your computer on the connection that isn't the VPN.

Hi DreadWingKnight,

Thank you for your reply. I feel like a bit of an idiot for not checking earlier, but my VPN does not support P2P hence the issues I believe. My VPN is FBVPN in case any one is wondering. For everything else they are great. Will retry with BTGuard when I get home. I know that they do.

Richard

Archived