Repeated "Error Opening Files"

DeathStalker

v2.2.1 (Build 25130)

No rhyme or reason to it - downloads, uploads, running for a while, or just started.

Happens constantly - VERY annoying. Had no problems with the previous version.

Clicking START for the torrent allows it to continue without a problem - no re-check necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Exact or similar problem here, too.

It is always only one of the files of a torrent µTorrent can't open. But "Force Re-Check" or "Start"/"Force Start" let's it continue uploading without a problem. Also files are accessible via Windows Explorer and other programs.

I have almost 700 torrents currently force started. Windows 7 64bit here.

I have also noticed, in connection with this, that quite often (though not ALL the time), when I stop a *completed* torrent, *some* of the files go back to an incomplete status, even though re-starting torrent or renaming the files shows them to be complete.

And yes, Win7 64-bit here as well.

I also had this problem using 2.2.1 and had the message "error opening files" on about 75% of my downloaded torrents. Mostly this error came when it had finished or nearly finished downloading all files from a torrent. Did not matter if I used an internal SATA disk or external USB disks.

Using Windows 7 Sp1 x64.

Switched back to 2.2 (build 23071) two days ago and now it seems fine again, so I assume it has nothing to do with Win 7 SP1.

Well, to be honest I don't see why this would be related to hardware as the issue started with the current version... but here we go:

Iomega external (USB)

Maxtor OneTouch USB

SAMSUNG HD103SI internal SATA

WD External USB

WDS WD5000AAKS internal SATA

Same issue on all of them so only thing that is same in this matter is the version of uTorrent.. How can this be reported as a bug?

Mine's a WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 and it's encryted with TrueCrypt.

Also I have over 700 torrents force started of which are active about 4-20.

"Error opening file..." pops up a lot especially when I have lots (~12 or more) of torrents being downloaded. And restarting torrents works fine as if nothing's wrong with them.

Archived