How to resume un-downloaded files from a torrent?

Max03

I'm a Bitcomet convert and love uTorrent. In Bitcomet, If a torrent had say five files and I wanted to download just one, I could later right-click on it and select/check the rest of the files to download at a later time. In uTorrent, I don't see how I can resume downloading the rest of the files. I end up removing the torrent from uTorrent and then reloading it.

So, you wasted all that time instead of setting a priority other than "Don't download"?

I'm not sure I understand. I'm not referring to two different torrents. I'm referring to files within a single torrent.

I'm a Bitcomet convert and love uTorrent. In Bitcomet, If a torrent had say five files and I wanted to download just one, I could later right-click on it and select/check the rest of the files to download at a later time. In uTorrent, I don't see how I can resume downloading the rest of the files. I end up removing the torrent from uTorrent and then reloading it.

In uTorrent if you later want to go back and download additional files you should just be able to select them in the Files section under Priority and change it to Normal instead of the 'don't download' option that you selected earlier. Unless I am misunderstanding. You have to download all the files that are tied to the torrent originally though from the get-go. When you downloaded your original torrent if you only selected one file to download, that;s all you get-the one file. If you think ahead and go ahead and download the torrent as it is set up on the originating website, at least then you later have the option of adding the option of going ahead and selecting which files you want to download, WHEN you want to download them, and under what priority you want them to be downloaded. You should never have to delete the torrent and restart it for any reason that I can think of. Unless you just didn't download all the files from the torrent in the beginning. Hope we are understanding your description of what is happening correctly.

Docs Gal

I'm a Bitcomet convert and love uTorrent. In Bitcomet' date=' If a torrent had say five files and I wanted to download just one, I could later right-click on it and select/check the rest of the files to download at a later time. In uTorrent, I don't see how I can resume downloading the rest of the files. I end up removing the torrent from uTorrent and then reloading it.[/quote']

In uTorrent if you later want to go back and download additional files you should just be able to select them in the Files section under Priority and change it to Normal instead of the 'don't download' option that you selected earlier. Unless I am misunderstanding. You have to download all the files that are tied to the torrent originally though from the get-go. When you downloaded your original torrent if you only selected one file to download, that;s all you get-the one file. If you think ahead and go ahead and download the torrent as it is set up on the originating website, at least then you later have the option of adding the option of going ahead and selecting which files you want to download, WHEN you want to download them, and under what priority you want them to be downloaded. You should never have to delete the torrent and restart it for any reason that I can think of. Unless you just didn't download all the files from the torrent in the beginning. Hope we are understanding your description of what is happening correctly.

Docs Gal

DocsGal, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was looking for but could not find/did not see the "files" section.

Archived