Seeding torrents not uploading.

mike WEBB

I just tried creating my first torrent for the first time but I ran into some issues. It has been a while since I've seen any of my 62 torrents actively seeding now. It didn't really concern me because I figure it was just because my uploading was not necessary now that most of those torrents have plenty of seeders or something of that sort. But shortly after coming back to my created torrent, I noticed I have 2 peers and just me seeding of course. Well that torrent isn't active and the statistics show 0 B uploaded and no upload speed. I added a couple of trackers when first creating it other than the default udp:// ones. My uTorrent version is 2.2.1 on a Windows 7 PC. I have AVG firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. Some changes have taken place over time to a couple of aspects about my PC. Please help this fellow here.

DHT is on and the torrent is located on piratebay. I just want to make sure that its working because it has yet to become actively uploading in the 5 hours that it has been seeding. I see peers coming and going but noooo activity and flat statistics. I just uploaded the torrent yesterday because no other torrent of this was on the site. (Its a music file).

After you uploaded it to the host did you go there and download it into uT, then start it?

If not delete just the .torrent file from your client, download it from the host site, and start it again. That will refresh the torrent with the trackers (some that no longer work) the host site adds to the torrent upon upload.

After you uploaded it to the host did you go there and download it into uT, then start it

I have but every time I do that it starts downloading and not uploading. I have to create a brand new spankin' torrent if I want it to behave like its uploading and in my completed category. It looks like the only tracker that is working is the udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com one, other than Peer Exchange, DHT, and Local Peer Discovery. Apparently my port isn't forwarding according to the little configuration tester. Little yellow caution sign doesn't say it has connection problems now so thats good at least. Usually it reports that I am still able to download so I wasn't sure if that was causing part of the issue or not. Now I don't have any peers so I cant really be sure if it is uploading or not.

I seem some new seeders and theres an integer in the downloading column in stats of torrent so I think its working. Still not in active category though. Whateva, at least its doing something.

Archived