very slow download

skelg73

please help!

I am experiencing very slow downloads @ 15kbps max. This started happening about 3 weeks ago, I did not touch any settings on uTorrent or my anti virus(norton 360). Prior to this I was able to download at max speeds of 100-150kbps and with a lot of active torrents(it was set to default settings even, on unlimited upload speed)

The only change I can think of was some windows update, but I made sure that my windows firewall is turned off and only uses the norton 360

I've tried reading and following instructions on this forum

-already made sure that the utorrent app is not blocked, I even erased the app and re enterred it to the firewall

-I've already change the upload speed based on the test

-protocol encryption is already enabled and checked allow incoming connections

and still its still very slow compared to my previous speeds, but my internet speed is around 1.5-3mbps

can somebody help me here??

They don't seem to reply to posts generally though. Just point most people to some useless old settings recommendation post that we've all (or most) tried even before we came to this forum, lol.

Congratulations, you're bitching and yet you're not actually following the troubleshooting guides that you're getting linked to. You may think you are. You may claim you are. But the fact that you aren't providing the information that the guides requests tell us that you aren't.

The same problem as me started at the same time. I'm in Japan on a totally different server!

So now that's one more fibre optic line down for everyone to download from.

They don't seem to reply to posts generally though. Just point most people to some useless old settings recommendation post that we've all (or most) tried even before we came to this forum, lol.

Maybe they are just BOT replies anyway, lol.

There's always a way.

Try another client for a start, see if you get any different results and then compare the settings on the different one......for a start, just trying to help!

Good luck brother.

already tried another client and still the same thing.

Archived