IPhone WebUI problems

turtle1206

Hi I'm new here and new to using the WebUI. I set it up and it works perfectly on my Iphone but only when connected to my WIFI when i try to access it without using wifi i get an error message that "safari could not open the page because the server has stopped responding" can anyone help me with this? I get the same problem when trying to use uRemote 1.3.3, When i am on wifi it runs just fine soon as wifi is off it says "NETWORK ERROR The request timed out" Ive tried searching google and found nothing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

From safari I was using http://ipaddress:portnumber/gui/iphone/i.html. And when connected to my wifi it connected just fine soon as I turned off wifi it gave me the error message. I tried using both my external ip and the ip I get from ipconfig in cmd. If this isn't what you where asking let me know. I don't mean to be difficult I'm just not to familiar with this and I've read the instructions on about 10 different websites and followed them to the T with no luck. I tried using the search on here and all I came up with was someone had the opposite problem that it worked without wifi but when wifi was on it didn't work and that didn't help. Thanks in advance for any advice

Yes the port is forwarded. I think I'm going to try resetting the router and reforwarding the ports and try again. Another website said something about a firewall or a secondary firewall but I don't have one set up. When I get to my comp I'll post a link and maybe someone can help me make sense of it

Archived