How to seed file downloaded with another program?

amadigi

I have been using Vuze, and am giving uTorrent a try. But I do not understand how do I go about seeding files I had already downloaded with another program. So I already have the .torrent files (as well as the files itself), but what I have to do with them, other than just giving them to uTorrent, which merrily begin downloading anew?

Thanks!

I see, thanks! Apparently I have to move or copy files, create new folders etc. I suppose there is not a way to keep my hierarchy of downloaded files, give uTorrent the corresponding .torrents and have it automagically do what I'd like it to do.

Apparently I have to move or copy files, create new folders etc.

Since when?

Where in the migration guide does it say you have to do this?

I am looking at http://user.utorrent.com/help/guides/migrate (is that the right place?) and it says:

"Create a folder called AUTOLOAD [...]

Create a folder called TORRENTS [...]

[...]

Find the .torrent for the files you wish to load [...] and move them (not copy) to the AUTOLOAD folder ",

plus modifying some setting in the Preferences.

Since I'd like to do this for a whole hierarchy of files (say, folders each of which contains the song of a given album and so on), it looks like I'd have quite a bit of work to do (including re-setting several times the location of downloaded files and so on).

Thanks all the same.

Archived