E3000 Router Network Drive w/ uTorrent Client?

Montol

Hello all!

Trying to figure out the best way to describe what I'm trying to do today...so here we go...

The Linksys E3000 router I have has the ability to attach a HDD by USB. It has built-in support for this HDD to become a shared network drive, which is fairly nice, and means I can run uTorrent on my computer, and download/share with the network drive. Further, if I leave my computer running, I can use the WebUI to remotely start torrents downloading, which is awesome.

However, I was musing on ways to take this one step further by somehow running the uTorrent client directly off of the router/network HDD so I wouldn't have to run my computer all day, and potentially would like this setup to still be able to have torrents start up through the WebUI.

Any ideas out there, intelligent denizens of the interwebz?

Shoot - I was thinking that might be the answer. I know there's some massively complicated way to get the ability to essentially host a torrent server on the E3000 using some form of DD-WRT and Linux...but I'm not nearly that talented, nor do I feel like quasi-learning a programming language to do something where I can just leave my computer on.

I don't know that I've ever looked into this - but if the WebUI links onto a specific torrent client (via your logon ID), is there any way that this link could be used to create a list of pre-requested torrents (from the WebUI) that then load and begin downloading the next time the 'master' client (on your computer) is turned on?

Hmm, as in I post the links to the torrents within my own RSS Feed, which I link to uTorrent for future reference/download later? That's actually a brilliant idea...

Now, to figure out how to do such a thing from my iPhone...time to start researching RSS Feed creators...nothing quite like researching stuff I know nothing about, hah!

Archived