Can you seed the same torrents from multiple computers?

thecakeisalie

I have been using utorrent for about a year now and I love it! :) It works really good and I have never had any problems with it. I have a question regarding seeding though. I downloaded some cool anime shows and have been seeding for about half a day. The thing is though, my computer is using a wireless N adapter. This adapter works great but my upload speeds are not very good. I do not believe it is the adapter, but my internet connection in general. I have another computer that is connected directly to the router via ethernet that is not really doing anything at all right now. I was wondering if I could copy the same files on my computer to that one and seed from that one as well? This way, if I need to turn off my computer I can still be seeding. Is it possible to seed the same files, possibly at the same time, from multiple computers?

• 4 weeks later...

Ah good someone answered the (similar) question in my head.

I'm looking at using a shared location, and seeding from 2 ISPs, using virtual servers (one VM connected to my cable modem, another connected to my DSL modem).

I was just worried about possible conflicts over both servers sharing the same file from a network location.

Too bad they both couldn't download the same file to the same location - feature request? :P

I have been using utorrent for about a year now and I love it! :) It works really good and I have never had any problems with it. I have a question regarding seeding though. I downloaded some cool anime shows and have been seeding for about half a day. The thing is though, my computer is using a wireless N adapter. This adapter works great but my upload speeds are not very good. I do not believe it is the adapter, but my internet connection in general. I have another computer that is connected directly to the router via ethernet that is not really doing anything at all right now. I was wondering if I could copy the same files on my computer to that one and seed from that one as well? This way, if I need to turn off my computer I can still be seeding. Is it possible to seed the same files, possibly at the same time, from multiple computers?

Yes, you can.

1) Copy the .torrent into the new computer, and add it to uTorrent there.

2) Stop it as soon as you add.

3) Right Click > Open Containing Folder.

4) Copy files (by overwriting) to this opened folder.

5) Right Click > Force Re-Check.

6) Start it.

It should work.

Archived