Browsing speeds are extremely slow while utorrent is open.

Rhino8123

The title basically states it all. I'm running the most up-to-date version of uTorrent. However, I'm finding it hard to leave uTorrent open, because my browsing speeds with uTorrent open are extremely slow. I can load pages while browsing with uTorrent not running within seconds; however, with uTorrent open it takes up to several minutes for a page to want to load. This is without any torrents uploading or downloading. It's very frustrating because I want to be able to seed, but it's nearly impossible to do if I need to browse the net for school work.

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600

Ram: 4gb DDR2

PSU: 500W

Networking: D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

All my drivers are up-to-date on all hardware. I'm currently not running any anti-virus programs and am using windows built-in firewall.

I have comcast high speed internet, and via speedtest.net my download speed is 18+mbps and upload speed is 6+mbps. I know my net is not being throttled because I get actual download speeds in uTorrent between 1.4mbps-2.1mbps and upload speeds between 400kbps-800kbps or so. As stated above my problem exist only when uTorrent is opening (with no downloads or uploads running, just uTorrent setting idle). If I forgot any helpful information please let me know. My TCIP is not patched or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problems with nearly the same system. This only seems to be happening since I updated to the most recent version of uT. I thought it was peerblock, but have isolated uT as the problem. I've also done some googling on this issue, and can't find anything recent for the version 3.0 of uT. if the OP and I are just missing it, please someone be kind enough to post the link to the appropriate forum

thanks

Archived