waiting to log in win 7

krautviper48

Hello everyone,

I know there are plenty of posts about this topic already, i have tried all of the fixes, new and old and nothing has worked so far. Here's my situation, i am running utorrent on both my laptop and my new desktop, both running win 7, the laptop has been running utorrent for a while but i just installed utorrent on my desktop after i moved into my new apartment. My new apartment complex has wifi that has a domain blocker and unfortunately it does block utorrent.com as well as a plethora of other sites. Im thinking because i am setting up utorrent on my desktop when there is a domain blocker that it cant make the initial connection, and after it makes the initial connection it can deal with the domain blocker?

other notes, i don't have access to the router, i cant connect to proxy sites because they are blocked, and the open office torrent has been running for 3 days now and has not connected. Tried uninstalling it / reinstalling it 3 tiems. Cleared .dat files. Checked windows firewall permissions/ turned windows firewall completely off. Tried the same port as my laptop (which is on random anyways). I've also tried about 70 other well seeded torrents and none of them will connect either.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for your comment DreadWingKnight, i have lost count on how many times i have tried to do those recomendations and none of them worked. Hence why i tried the open office torrent. However i have solved my issue. utorrent needed to initize with utorrent.com and then it was able to run encrypted through the domain blocker.

Archived