Random characters (letter and numbers) type while downloading

loki980

This is driving me crazy. It just started a few months ago after a long time using RSS with torrents. I cannot leave uTorrent open while watching videos, because while downloading, the program sends random characters to whatever window has focus. This inevitably leads to the show I'm watching pausing, rewinding, stopping exiting, etc etc. I can open notepad and grab the characters as they're typed.

Here's a few seconds capture:

ffaa88ddbbffccffffffaaaa8888ddddbbbbffffccccffff

They seem to come in in groups of a few characters at a time.

I've searched the internet high and low for this problem to no avail. I tried switching from uTorrent to Vuze to try and fix this. I was dumbfounded that it happened in the other program, too. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's a problem with intelliremote. If I close intelliremote, the problem doesn't happen. However, the problem doesn't occur unless I'm downloading a torrent AND intelliremote is running. Really weird. Will report back if I find anything. I'm going to try upgrading intelliremote.

Does utorrent really ever use port 80 ? I thought that was the whole reason why utorrent does work behind a hardened corporate firewall. At least that is the reason why I only open certain ports on our corporate firewalls to prevent P2P file sharing programs. I thought limewire could use port 80 but I didn't know any others could.

Any comments anyone ?

Archived