Am I missing something?

wpthg

A torrent has uploaded more than it downloaded and it's still going. How do I know how much it has left to upload to be done?

The original torrent is only 218 MB but so far it has downloaded 495 MB and uploaded 915 MB (or 944) and is still going. It's been uploading since yesterday morning. I don't understand what's going on.

The ETA/Remaining function just has the infinity symbol. I've looked through the user manual and through the forums and I can't find anything that specifically explains how I can tell when the torrent will be done if ETA/Remaining has no information. I can change the seed goal minimums from a percentage to a time and then I will get an ETA, but the ETA changes with the amount I put in, i.e. the lower the number the shorter the time. So I don't understand the function of seed goals.

I also did a test I found in one of the forums to see if my ISP is throttling because it's on the 'Bad ISP' list but according to the test it isn't, everything seems to be working fine.

Can someone please explain what I'm looking at?? If a torrent is only 200 MB why is it uploading over 900? How do I know when it will done? Do I have something set incorrectly? I thought a torrent was a finite amount of information and therefore when all the information is uploaded its done, but that doesn't seem to be case? I seriously need someone to explains this to me.

The ETA is only supposed to give you an estimated time to completion but it doesn't work. Instead of giving the estimated time left all it shows is the sideways 8 (∞). Look in the trash for the post "ETA on completed torrents? by MatG." We tried to tell the moderators about the problem but they threw it in the trash.

Did throwing the post away fix the bug?

wpthg, reading your reply to mcaspi made me realize why the moderators have the attitudes they do.

Here is how you make the upload stop.

1) Take your hand and put it on the mouse.

2) Scroll up to the file you want to stop uploading.

3) Click on it to highlight it.

4) Scroll up to the stop button.

5) Click the stop button.

That's all there is to stopping an upload.

I know how to stop it, you jackass. That wasn't my question, but thanks for being so helpful.

I did stop it at one point and try to open the torrent and it didn't work, it seemed that all of the info wasn't uploaded yet so I had it keep going.

So far no one has answered any of my questions.

All the info (aka file(s)) only needs to be downloaded to be complete. Uploading it has nothing to do with anything. If it is uploading more than has been downloaded, then it is done, cooked, ready for consumption.

So if you have a 350 MB file downloaded to 350 MB, you should be able to use it. You don't open the .torrent file.

http://user.utorrent.com/help

I know how to stop it, you jackass. That wasn't my question...

So far no one has answered any of my questions.

Q) How do I know how much it has left to upload to be done?

A) IT WILL BE DONE WHEN YOU STOP IT!

Q) If a torrent is only 200 MB why is it uploading over 900?

A) BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T STOPPED IT!

Q) How do I know when it will done?

A) IT WILL BE DONE WHEN YOU STOP IT!

Q) Do I have something set incorrectly?

A) NO, YOU JUST HAVE TO STOP IT!

Q) Middle of day 3 and its still uploading. Is this normal?

A) YES, BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T STOPPED IT YET!

There, now your questions are answered.

I did stop it at one point and try to open the torrent and it didn't work, it seemed that all of the info wasn't uploaded yet so I had it keep going.

The file will work after you finish downloading it not uploading it. Uploading is you sharing what you downloaded with others.

You don't open the torrent. You open the file. It will be wherever you had it downloaded to.

Have you even looked at the Help file (F1)?

Archived