Error while seeding -- Torrent appears incomplete

BlueWeaselBreath

I'm having a bit of a problem while trying to seed a new torrent using uTorrent. The .torrent file seemed to be created just fine and began seeding perfectly. When I awoke the next morning, I saw an error message that said the torrent had stopped because it could not be accessed or some such. There was no reason why this would have been so, nobody was moving files around, and it was just where I had left it the night before. After removing the torrent and opening it again a few times, verifying the file download location, I was finally able to get it seeding again (the first couple times, it refused to acknowledge that I already had the files).

Which leads me to right now...all the files except for one are shown as available (and they're being seeded perfetly), but this one particular file (all files are .cbr or .cbz, btw) is shown as 0% available...but it's still there! I can open it from uTorrent, and it runs fine. Also, there are bits of two other files which also show up as red...I presume they're the adjoining data within that piece. So the file shows up as 98.9% instead of 100%, and it shows no seeders (because I would be the only one).

In summary, one file in the torrent is acting as if it has been moved, but it hasn't, and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried moving it around to/from where the torrent thinks it should be, no luck...I'd just re-do the entire torrent, except it's up on Demonoid now and over 50 people have started DLing it, so I'd prefer to just fix the one problem file, if I can.

I don't know if the file itself is somehow corrupt (although it doesn't seem to be), or if the .torrent file is screwed up somehow, or if the file is just not where/how the .torrent expects it to be. What can I do? Is there some way to check what exactly the .torrent expects to find, so I can see if the target file is somehow not in the right directory within the target directory?

Use small words, I'm a n00b (but I've successfully seeded torrents in the past).

Thanks for the reply...if that's what happened in my case, anybody have any idea how it could've happened to a .cbr file? I'm really not sure...I don't remember renaming it or anything.

Secondly, if, after the .torrent was created, I moved the file in question from the main torrent directory to a sub-folder (which I don't remember doing, but may have), shouldn't it work again if I move the file back again? I don't recall moving it, but I thought the target file was in, say, C:\MainTorrent\Folder1, but uTorrent seems to think it should've been in C:\MainTorrent...as in, when I try right-clicked "show in folder," it opened up C:\MainTorrent and the file wasn't in there...it was in the Folder1 sub-directory. So I've been moving it back and forth trying to fix the problem, and neither seems to work, unless I'm not giving it a chance to.

Oops, now the problem seems to have been solved! It's possible that after I created the torrent, I moved the one file accidentally; then I presume it started to seed just fine until it that file during transfer overnight, at which point it gave the message.

I moved the file back to where it should've been, and it didn't seem to fix it til I removed the torrent from uTorrent and reloaded it. I thought I had tried that earlier, but maybe not...now it's showing i have 100% again, and it appears to see that file, so hopefully it'll work this time!

Archived