utorrent latest mac update

HATEME

First of all, i love utorrent. Its got a lot of features, its reliable, fast, simply put...it gets the job done. But after I updated to the lasted build of utorrent, I have never had more problems. Its like they hired carrot top to tweak their program, so he reached in and started pulling things out and repairing his mistakes with a healthy amount of bondo and duct tape. It took me awhile to figure out that the files I started weren't being sent to the trash and my only option to have it work as smoothly was to have it automatically imported. Then...instead of importing nicely, it let a bunch of .imported files that were essentially junk files fill up my downloads folder. So I turned that off and was left with an annoying extra step while also having to be careful not to double download the same file accidentally. I also noticed that quitting utorrent seemed to take a lot longer than usual. it would just say,"Quitting" and hang forever. So much that I was forced to force quit the program or it would just stall out. Now the most important problem that I found, and bear with me for a bit because I'm trying so hard to not drop an F-bomb. The night that I updated utorrent, I had some stuff downloading like usual, I went to bed...like usual. When I woke up that morning I discovered that my laptop was maxing out the cpu at 100%...at a full 100%...maybe dipping to 98 or 96 for a second. Computers usually get pretty hot under normal conditions that saying I could cook an egg on it wouldn't be a shocker....Nope, I could have cooked a F@!$ing chicken on it. I tried everything to see if it was fixable. Removing DHT and PEX, restarting it, reinstalling it, tried to find the preferences plist which was nowhere to be found. So I got a copy of an earlier version of utorrent and I've had no problem so far. I got all the cool features back and utorrent is back to being a (very) tiny bittorrent client with its max 8% cpu usage.

Archived