Little help to get things started

meetanik

Hello all,

I downloaded the package for Linux 'utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz'. I found there the webserver and the gui files. Before i begin little information will be good that i run a server which has centos 5.5 (32bit) as its os and php,mysql,pyhon,perl and all other stuffs are installed there(I think it will not matter).

As it a webserver and i have pretty few website running there so i create a directory in my site uploaded all the content and access them, as usually nothing happened since i did not installed the userver which i found after visiting the forum. I am familiar with websites but this thing is little new to me.

So i want when someone access the www.mydomain.com/ut (where i extracted the files) the program will run.

So right now nothing i got worked. It will be good to tellme any commands which i can run through ssh. some wget or etc.

I also saw here that i need to open some ports like 8080 but cant find any documentation. Docs included with the files does not helped me a lot.

Little help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards.

If I understand you correctly, you want someone (say me) to be able to go to a website at www.mydomain.com/ut and run your uTorrent. Is this correct?

If so why? It is designed to run as a WebUI on your system at localhost:8080/gui.

I can run it on my system. Why should I connect to your site?

Or are you asking how you can run it remotely?

In preferences, select Remote, check Enable uTorrent Remote Access, and enter a Username.

as i said before for maximum speed. A home pc can never give such speed.

It can't?

Mine gives me the maximum speed allowed by my ISP, if I configure uTorrent to work with those speeds.

If I install and configure a web server on my home pc, will that make it faster, if I am still using the same ISP?

I am missing something somewhere. As far as I understand it uTorrent for Linux is a server, the domain is localhost, the port is 8080, and the site is the gui.

Please let us know how you get this to work. I am sure others will be interested.

Me, I would just like to see an updated alpha, a beta version, or maybe even a standalone version.

I think you did not get me what i trying to tell you..

I'm installing it on a dedicated server which is explicitly made for handling enormous traffic. It is xeon powered, have 24 GB RAM, 20 TB+ of storage and connected with a 1gbps dedicated port. The total bandwidth this data center can handle around 80 GB per second. What download speed you get from your isp in your home pc? 2mbps 4 mbps or 10 mbps? I get a average speed of aroud 40mbps to download a single file. Downloading a 10 gb file is just a matter of couple of seconds. Not just that. I ran it at its top speed. What i did is to download 10, 5GB files at a time and average speed was about 38-42mbps. So this is the speed i am talking about. Mind that it will download the file on the server, its a server to server connection. Not server to normal pc which process rate and download speed is significantly low.

I think now i made you clear..Right?

Nope I need pictures, preferably 8 x 10 glossy's, with circles and arrows.

But I will guess that you don't have a web browser application on that dedicated server, and want to run uTorrent for Linux outside the web browser, as a web site, which you will have to browse to with a web browser, from another computer.

So doing a Google search for you using "How do I run an application in a web browser" for you I came up with this.

Gtk+ 3.2

Well the uTorrent server is still not set up yet so that i can provide you screenshot with various arrows and circles.

But i think Khizer ran it well utserver.png

You still not get me,Dedicated server is powered by a command line os and doesn't have any GUI. I need to control it over ssh. I will open the port from here and access it from my home browser through ip or domain.

Is that a software or a script? Open or closed?

Archived