updated to new vesion now speed is not even above 10kbs

seanincali

Stop posting that link.

I've been searching the uTorrent forum all morning and all threads that deal with speed issues on 26740 are discarded.

I've went from downloading at 5-10mb/sec to under 100kb/sec from one version to another. I've been running the same settings, on the same computer, with the same line for a good two years, and only after upgrading this morning to the new uTorrent did this start to happen.

So no, that thread does not solve my problems.

EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are.

- Starting/restarting uTorrent and/or torrents themsevles. Jumps to normal 3mb+ speeds for a little while then eventuall drops to under 100kb/sec. Nothing was changed before or after updating to the newest version.

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

- Green

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

- Port is open

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

- Unlimitd

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

- 150, and i have Win7 7601 so the limit does not apply.

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

- Win7 Pro 7601, no firewall, no active av/as/wva. And yes, i'm clean. Regular scans come up zero.

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

- Does not apply.

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Connection type etcetcetc

1766523801.png

That's with torrents running and full browser and IMs at base to prove my ISP is not limiting my download.

Basic computer hardware specifications (motherboard and/or chipset, CPU, RAM, drive type, etc.)

Q6600/4gb DDR2/downloading to a Maxtor 1tb drive.

Now that we've totally RULED OUT the probability of my side being the problem, can we get back to why the new uTorrent version throttles down?

Surprisingly, they worked great until now, broken as they were. Backed up the settings and remaking them. To note, i only use private local/in-country trackers, which usually averages hundreds of peers per torrent and where uploading is vital.

Modified:

-Max upload, 2500

-Global conn 500

-Max number of connected peers per torrent 200

-Max number of uplad slots per torrent 30

-Max torrents down/up 20

-Max download torrents 20

Archived