Some really bad things in interface and features complain...

Jeroi

Firstly I will say that thanks for one torrent program that run properly in win64 without crashing often. I did use really long bitcomet in win32 and it was great program. Now I did discover that bitcomet does crash on win64 so I found out utorretn and taught lets give it a try. Now tho I have few complains about the program:

1. Why does utorrent show downloading 0.00kb/s, when I have the file 100% complete already? This is really annoying when I have my fansub groubs all torrents seeding and all them are all the time trying to dl but they get 0.00kb/s. This is unnecessary and stupid thingy. I suggest to remove any dling parameter from torrent list if torrent is complete.

2. Where is user banning? I really often comeup users who do not seed at all a specially in USA, and they are leeching only. These users would get a ban from me. I really think there is limiter programs that can disable the upload bandwith from programs and these users should get banned.

3. Why these annoying and difficult to look icons: add from file, add from url and make new torrent? Why they are so freaky same looking icons that you can't visually understand what does those icons do if I press them? Now it takes me to move my mouse and see the text info from that icon to understand what it does. I strongly suggest you to make better icons so one can understand them easilly. I use a very high resolution too so icons are kind a small. I also suggest a feature for icons where you can change their size.

4. Why dont peers list see full peers even if torrent is paused? It is annoying to keep track of my groub seeders to make sure that they do their job. It would be nice to know who are seeding and downloading even tho you have torrent paused.

I hope these complains will be taken as kritic.

4. Why dont peers list see full peers even if torrent is paused? It is annoying to keep track of my groub seeders to make sure that they do their job. It would be nice to know who are seeding and downloading even tho you have torrent paused.

It's not quite everything you're asking for, but go into Preferences -> Advanced and set bt.scrape_stopped to true. This way you can see roughly how many seeds/peers are online for a stopped torrent.

It's not quite everything you're asking for, but go into Preferences -> Advanced and set bt.scrape_stopped to true. This way you can see roughly how many seeds/peers are online for a stopped torrent.

Nope that do not do the job. I am saying this again: uTorrent do not show seeders at all even tho I am seeding and torrent is active. I really asked that this is kinda strange as this feature is the most needed to keep track on who is seeding and who is not to keep groub members in order. BitComet had it, and I really think why dont utorrent show seeders at all. Maybe new tab: Seeders?

and thanks for the skins :)

And I think it is damn stubid that this program has automatic banning as at the moment it seems that it do not work at all. So I really think why the hell you guys aint adding banning and unbanning to peers list?

And I think it is damn stubid that this program has automatic banning as at the moment it seems that it do not work at all. So I really think why the hell you guys aint adding banning and unbanning to peers list?

well, I guess that you can always use the search function and find out. :/

automatic banning is for hashfails, nothing else. We don't add it precisely because of the reasons you stated, people that want to ban "leechers" that have no idea what they're doing.

And it doesn't show seeders because it disconnects from them (like every other client does) when it finishes seeding. It'll show you how many seeders there are in the swarm if the tracker gives scrape values in the announce, otherwise not.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not quite everything you're asking for' date=' but go into Preferences -> Advanced and set bt.scrape_stopped to [b']true. This way you can see roughly how many seeds/peers are online for a stopped torrent.

Nope that do not do the job. I am saying this again: uTorrent do not show seeders at all even tho I am seeding and torrent is active.

exactly: seeders have all the file, you have all the file. utorrent only shows the people you might be interested in trading with - if youre seeding youre not intetrsted in other seeds because they have nothing you want..

..infact, im not even sure that the tracker would give them out? (saves bandwidth)

Archived