Utorrent 2.2.1 - Windows 7 , can't port forward

stuartambient

My Vista 64 system crashed and I rebuilt my system using Windows 7 64 bit. Now previously I had Utorrent port forwarding working fine (no nat or upnp set). Even with Upnp set the port is closed.

My set up is a ZyXel modem (router disabled) pk5000 with a Linksys WRT54GS router. I did the usual steps and opened the port on the Linksys but as I say it's not working. I have Comodo 5 as my firewall but even disabled that doesn't change anything.

One of the things in Windows 7 that I'm seeing is "residential gateway device". This concerns me as I see under advanced settings multiple listings for uTorrent with both TCP and UDP in the listings. I searched on this feature but find very little if nothing to explain it and not even sure if it means anything or is related to my issues with opening the port.

I've checked out portfoward.com but haven't found anything that stands out. As I say my modem and router are configured the same way while I was under Vista. I don't believe the modem is effecting anything simple because it hadn't when up to now. Nothing has been changed on the modem, no firmware or configuration upgrades.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

TIA

Stuart

Are you using the same port as before?

Did you static IP your computer? (Linksys routers have a LONG history of requiring this)

Thanks for the reply.

Same port, 65501. Even tried different ports with no change in behavior. But no, I didn't not static IP. Not sure where I would do that but I will look. I only hesitate because that was not required before to get it working.

Stuart

Just noticed something odd. Now before I get warned, I realize 2.2.1 is not supported. Two or my private trackers are not supporting some 3.1.x versions.

Anyhoo, the thing is I had the 2.2.1 setup file laying around and installed it under Windows 7 but I see that the only file in the directory is uTorrent.exe (under c:/program files(x86)/uTorrent. Maybe that is all that should show in there but wondering.

Stuart

Archived