Problem with ports

sigh!

Why is it that I always get an error when I test the port 11122, even though I have it properly forwarded in my router (NETGEAR MR814)? I also have allowed the port in my windows firewall, so I don't know why it's not working. Can anybody help? What's going on?

When using utorrent, I always have yellow light, wich later turns to red in my status bar. My dl speeds are very low, the average is 2.9 kB/s and my average up speed is 3.9 kB/s , even though, according to dslreports.com, my dl speed is 397 kbps or 49.6 KB/sec. and my up speed is 305 kbps or 38.2 KB/sec.

My specs are:

Windows XP SP2

Intel Pentium III 548 MHz

184 MB RAM

I don't know what else to do, I don't think I've done anything wrong so I don't know why I'm getting errors. Help?

Is Windows Firewall the only firewall you're using? yes

What modem are you using? Cable

and are you sure it's not a modem+router combo? Umm yes

sorry if I'm giving limited imformation, I'm pretty ignorant regarding this stuff.

Please don't double post.

Oh, sorry.

If you connect directly to the modem, does it work?

erm...My modem is working fine? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Is that similar to how I connect to my router?

sorry if my ignorance is bothering you guys.

Firon, I'm effectively confused :/ you want me to connect to my router or modem or.. what? I don't get it, I mean you told me to connect to my modem, and I did just that, type ip 192.168.100.1 in browser bar, kaboom! successfully connected to modem. Am I missing something?

but whatever, my ports are beautifully and perfectly forwarded in my router, so that can't be the problem.

red light still on, won't change unless... I don't know.

Boy, I'm such a pain in the ass aren't I?

I got to thank you guys for being so tolerant with me and my ignorance:)

take the ethernet cable going from your PC to your router, disconnect it. disconnect the cable going from your router to your modem. connect to the cable from your PC to the modem. restart the modem, wait a minute or two, then do Start -> Run -> ipconfig /renew

Hmm... strange..I did connect the modem directly to my PC, but couldn't connect to the internet, also when typing ipconfig/renew into the command box, it gives an error. it says "Error in the operation.There's no allowed adapter for this operation" What the hell? What did I do wrong?

Archived