ISPs to Start Throttling Pirates by July 12 2012

Prideless

The largest Internet service providers in the nation are gearing up to be copyright cops after all -- within months, at that.

Cary Sherman, CEO of the Recording Industry Association of America, said on Wednesday that ISPs are getting ready to seriously crack down on piracy by July 12. These ISPs include Comcast, Cablevision, Verizon, Time Warner Cable and other bandwidth providers. What they will be looking out for is music, movies and software illegally downloaded by subscribers.

source

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/RIAA-copyright-cops-Anonymous-Time-Warner-Comcast,news-14459.html

I want to know how does this affect torrenting in general in regards to NON-illegal torrents like unlicensed multimedia.

This is going to be a very sad sad day =' ( hope there is a work around, I am pretty sure a lot of people will be accused for being a pirate possible for just even seeding something. sigh

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I wait for the TV shows I watch to come out on CD, and rent it from Netflix, or become a member of Hulu Plus, or go to the networks site, and watch them there if they are available.

Will they be able to tell if you delete all trackers, and use just DHT, and Peer exchange?

Archived