Utorrent upnp and nat-pmp crashes my internet connection

rubrtoe

The only way I can run Utorrent without ruining my connection (I have brighthouse cable) necessitating me to shut of the cable box, the router and my computer and restart everything to get it back, is to uncheck two settings that Utorrent recommends being on. which are upnp and nat-pmp. If these are on, in a few minutes after staring Utorrent, my connection is ruined for all other uses, including browsing any website that I'm signed into, singing in and out of any website and the internet in general as well as my outlook express mail. This has been the case through several versions of Utorrent. Utorrnet is faster than it's ever been if I have these two things on, but I can't do anything else on the internet. With them off, I may or may not get anything downloaded at all. Why is this? why a couple years ago did it work fine and only bogged down my connect if I was downloading too much at a time? I used to be able to slow down the bandwidth and speed up my internet for other things. But now, whether it is downloading anything or not, with either or both of these setting son, my connection gets ruined until I restart everything. On the other hand, with these tow things off, I either get no downloads or blazing fast ones and can still use my internet like regular no matter how much Utorrent is downloading! WTF is up with that? Why does Utorrent harp on must having these turned on when they always ruin my internet connection within a few minutes and why, with them off can I sometimes download thousands of kilobits per second without using any throttles and not even notice it when browsing the internet? So Kudos to the people who have written yet another nice piece of free software into the ground so it no longer works. I wish I had your jobs, how you get paid to make it up and in the process ruin formerly working software. this entire shitty experience with Uttorent over the years has been on the same computer with the same operating system. xpsp2.

The problem isn't uTorrent. It's your router. If it crashes with UPnP turned on, then it's just a lousy router.

The point of UPnP is to open a port and allow incoming connections. So, if the router breaks when it does this, then there's just a problem with the router. No way around it.

• 3 weeks later...
The problem isn't uTorrent. It's your router. If it crashes with UPnP turned on, then it's just a lousy router.

The point of UPnP is to open a port and allow incoming connections. So, if the router breaks when it does this, then there's just a problem with the router. No way around it.

You don't listen very well. utorrent isn't crashing, it is crashing my internet. my downloads keep working, but nothing else does. furthermore, I am using the same router I always did with Utorrent for years and as soon as I updated 2 versions ago, it started this shit. so that right there is perfect indication that you are wrong and it is Utorrent, otherwise it wouldn't have started this problem exactly when I updated Utorrent, now would it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived