torrent programs cause pc to crash / av and fw suggestions

drumwork83

I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 570 just last week and it runs fine when I'm not downloading torrents. But when I download torrents from uTorrent, my system crashes and I have to do a hard shutdown. I've tried another program called Tixati and it does the same thing. I haven't experinced any BSOD's though.

I've looked at different threads as to why why this could be happening and have tried troubleshooting the problem as well to no avail. I mean I've tried everything from updating the driver on my network card, to disabling the Flow Control in the advanced settings of my network card in device manager. I haven't tried uninstalling Avast Antivirus and PC Tools Firewall Plus which I probably should do but I was going to ask should I uninstall any of these programs, or should I just change some option within them? And If I have to uninstall, what would be a good alternative?

Some other info: I've done virus scans and Avast can't find anything. My network card is a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet. And when I run uTorrent it has the green checkmark on the bottom right, saying the network is ok.

Any ideas?

Archived