Torrents limits being ignored

ergjam

My torrents upload limits are being ignored, as I am downloading.

I have a 2 year contract account with Telstra in Australia, which throttles my downloading ability to download/upload to 30kB/s after just a few Gig. I have set this limit in the preferences, as well as right clicking the actual torrent I am downloading (both the same limit amount). Even though I have set my uTorrent a limit to how much I am seeding, but often I see this is being ignored, and other peers are downloading at higher rate at my expense.

How can I stop this from happening, or stop these peers from accessing my torrents?

Don't know the difference between Start and Forced Start. I just found that some torrents wont start unless I Forced Start them. So I Forced Start them all now. Saves me time having to come back later and having to Forced Start.

As for setting my seeding set so low, as I said in the initial submission, my Internet Carrier (Telstra, Australia), chokes, throttles or reduces my Internet Speed to just 10-30kB/s after a small allowance. However, I do manually set my seeding to Unlimited after I have used my Internet Allowance for the month.

Why, is my are my seed limits being ignored (as shown in blue), and how can I stop these downloaders ignoring my settings.

Yes I can stop Forcing, I already only run a few torrents at a time (TV torrents first, Movie torrents later when I can run them unlimited).

How do I stop downloaders from overriding my torrent limits stealing my torrent allowance?

I can understand your frustration, but it seems to me like you don't quite understand how torrents work. If you don't want to waste upload bandwidth, then use a peer sharing method that doesn't REQUIRE it.

Even when I am downloading at a few hundred kBs and not uploading to anyone, my upload bandwidth is going to be higher than two kBs. I'm not sure if setting it that low could be problematic, but I am sure it should be a bit higher.

Utorrent uses upload bandwidth for things OTHER THAN uploading the file to other peers, amirite?

Thanks ThAnnn,

I do know how uTorrent works. You upload a file, and thousands download, each giving a small amount back.

My downloading works fine, and I only put limits in when I am not being throttled by my Internet Provider.

After I used my monthly allowance, I open the uploading to Unlimited. If I don't then uploaders will take hundreds of kB/s, when I am only receiving 10kB/s, and my small allowance only lasts a few days.

However, this does not answer my original question to my problem.

How do I stop other downloaders ignoring my limits, and stop them stealing my download allowance?

Archived