BSOD now Laptop Complete Unresponsive.

jonnybell

So basically I left my laptop on all night downloading movies on Utorrent and when I woke up I picked it up again to use it, and as soon as I hit a button I got BSOD'd.

I didn't really bother reading the screen I just saw that it was doing a physical memory dumb, when that was finished I hit the power button to restart my computer.

It shut down and now it won't turn on, literally at all. Nothing lights up, nothing is responsive at all, even the lights at the front which indicate if it's being charged or the HDD is working don't work.

I've tried taking up the battery using a different AC socket which is pretty much all I can think of - I don't even have another chance to see the BSOD message again because it won't even start.

Perhaps somewhat related I've had another strange problem for around 6 months now. Basically if I'm starting up my laptop it can sometimes just shut itself down (I think when it's too hot I'm living in a tropical climate atm) before I get Windows loaded - but the weird thing is that as soon as I do get windows 7 loaded then it doesn't shut down.

As long as I just put my laptop to sleep intead of shutting the whole thing down I have no problems at all - I'm just wondering if this is related.

Also I just removed ubuntu and a 20gb disc partition yesterday so maybe that's a factor.

It's an MSI FX 420.

But yeah I use it for my e-commerce websites plus my job so it's pretty important, I'm using my second laptop at the moment but I really need my other one to work.

Any ideas anyone? It seems I'm pretty limited because I can't even power the damn thing on.

It shut down and now it won't turn on, literally at all. Nothing lights up, nothing is responsive at all, even the lights at the front which indicate if it's being charged or the HDD is working don't work.

Your system is fried.

How sure are you of this? Can I still retain my HDD information?

The BSOD was probably the last indication of something wrong before your system went unresponsive.

It is likely possible to remove the hard drive and recover the data using another system, but that is uncertain.

Ok thanks a lot, I'll see if I can mount the hard drive externally.

-

If anyone else has any other suggestions I'd be interested in hearing them but I think i pushed my laptop too far this time.

Archived