Absolutly NOTHING I do can get my speeds higher than 70 kbps?

williamreyes95

I have a down speed of 3 MB/ps and an up speed of 1 MB/ps. I have port forwarded and the setup guide shows green check marks for both sections so that can't be the problem. I have Kaspersky internet security so maybe it's the firewall. But when i go to the firewall, it says utorrent is trusted. It can't be windows firewall since utorrent automatically makes an exception. I have the bandwidth and bittorrent settings adjusted as the conservatives settings chart says I should. But either way, nothing works. All this crap that I do to it doesn't change the speed in the slightest bit to that of the factory settings. I can't get over 70 kbps no matter what. I am starting to loose hope D: it's not the torrent either, the seeds are good and I have as many trackers as I can find on the web. I just can't think of anything else at this point. I'm also running CLEAR 4g WIMAX internet. This problem has exsisted since I got the internet. I run windows ultimate 64-bit and utorrent 3.2

You mentioned Kaspersky internet security, but then followed it with a statement about the firewall, so assumed that maybe you just used Kaspersky firewall and different antivirus. You still haven't mentioned your operating system, Windows or Mac. If you are using windows, then version 2.3 isn't supported any longer, the latest stable version is the 3.2 but that has issues, I would therefore install the latest 3.2.1 beta version.

You mentioned Kaspersky internet security, but then followed it with a statement about the firewall, so assumed that maybe you just used Kaspersky firewall and different antivirus. You still haven't mentioned your operating system, Windows or Mac. If you are using windows, then version 2.3 isn't supported any longer, the latest stable version is the 3.2 but that has issues, I would therefore install the latest 3.2.1 beta version.

gahh, I meant 3.2 sorry, I'm out of it today. And I just got 3.2.1 beta. Still nada.

You can only upload as fast as the peers allow you to, if there are plenty of online peers with fast upload slots available it will arrive quicker, your download transfer rate doesn't make a lot of difference when you are over 64 kbps

Also Internet connections are rated in Mega BITS per second while the torrent status bar indicates Kilo BYTES per second.

A lowercase 'b' (kbps) indicates 'bits' (Binary digits) while a uppercase 'B' indicates BYTES (kBps) (8 bits).

Archived