where is my torrent?

vartaxe

It's not really "fixable", because of the way that magnets work, it can take a long time for the metadata to propagate depending on how many clients are available and "talking". So if you don't use the "add new" dialogue or don't wait long enough for the information to fill the fields it will load up with no name and no way to start downloading any data. So it doesn't appear in the list but the hash ID is loaded into resume.dat as if it was active.

I'm getting this issue as well..however I figured out whats happening. apparently the pop-up box after you click the magnet that asks you which directory to save the output file in, is no longer appearing on screen.

However it is actually just invisible, if you click enter immediately after utorrent opens up from clicking the magnet, the file will appear like normal on the torrent download list and begin fine.

So all that needs to be done as far as I can tell is for someone to enable that pop up box to be visible again.

Preferences -> UI Settings

wish it were that easy but its not...nothing in there fixed the issue...

still have the invisible pop-up when I add a new torrent...press enter and it downloads fine...do anything else and I am forced to

1) close the program and delete the resume.dat and resume.dat.old files

2) add the torrent file manually after reopening the program (because clicking anything else deselects the invisible popup and I am no longer able to access it to add the torrent to the list)

don't know if anyone else can reproduce this but it happens to me every single time I try to add a torrent.

Yeah, i'm actually having the same problem again, but instaed of it saying the torrent you are downloading is already saved etc...it dosnt show that and it just goes right to utorrent and it dosn't download.

I tried to do what i did before, which was restore all my saved music files. that worked fine for a couple of days. until today.

I have also noticed that it skips the window after you click "allow" on the info window (the one that says "do you want to allow this website to open a program on your computer?") The one it skips had a yellow banner around it...pretty sure it was a security one.

sorry for the inconvenience, but why this keeps happening is a lil over my head.

Archived