Going back to old torrent dialog

Keldin

I recently upgraded to 3.2.1 build 28086, and the dialog box for adding torrents has changed. I really, *really* dislike the split between path and filename, especially since I used to use the 'browse' function to help format the files.

How do I go back to the old format for that dialog box?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You can still do that easily enough.

No, I'm afraid you can't. The browse function in the new versions is for the save directory, not for the file name.

It's pretty much a moot point anyway. I went back to uTorrent 2.2.1 instead of staying with the current version.

I think there's a disconnect in conversation here. When I say I want to be able to use the browse window to format the file name, I mean that if I'm downloading the next episode in a series, I want to be able to pop up the file open dialog, select the *previous* episode, and then change the name from there.

For example, if the last episode was season 1, episode 4 of the TV show 'This TV Show is Great', and the episode name was 'Episode Four' (This TV Show is Great - 1x04 - Episode Four.avi), I want to navigate to the directory its being stored in, make the relevant changes (This TV Show is Great - 1x05 - Episode Five.avi), and start the download of this new episode with the proper name in the proper directory.

I can't do that in the new browse dialog, because that dialogue only edits the directory, not the file name.

I don't think you're listening. I *know* all that. The thing that I want back is the ability to edit the file name in the browse box. In the current version of uTorrent (or, at least, the last version I used), this cannot be done - the browse button is only for the *directory*, not the file name.

• 2 weeks later...

In last 2 versions in "Add new torrent" (for downloading) i cant just choose existing directory without creating subfolders, as it was before ("file name" field cant be empty...). Now i have to choose existing folder, cut its name from "save in" field and paste it to the "name" field, WTF??? Why??? It was perfect before, and now its ruined...

And why you made this window so huge, with so many empty space? Just leave it as it was 2 versions before!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived