uTorrent Web UI doesn't work

JamesTheAwesomeDude

Okay, I have the web ui enabled in uTorrent, but it won't load.

Here are my settings:

99Dga.png

...but I get the "Problem loading page" error in Firefox, and IE just decides to search Bing for the word "localhost:8080"

I've closed uTorrent, updated the Web UI, and relaunched uTorrent, but that didn't help. I have added port 8080 as an exception to the Windows Firewall (even though uTorrent itself was already excepted,) but it still didn't work. (oh, I also tried my local IP, just incase there was some issue with using localhost. http://192.168.2.6:8080/gui/ is what I did.)

I get the username+password box, and I enter that, but afterwards, it is as if I'd just typed in some random port. I get nothing.

I need help.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I'm running Windows XP.

Try with your listen port instead of 8080.

YES! THANK YOU! That fixed it! It turns out that the "Alternative listening port" checkbox needs to be checked, even if you're using the same port. Thank you so much! Now I can finally access it!

EDIT: okay, I know for a FACT that the Web UI has been installed, AND that uTorrent has restarted since then, but I get this message:

The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived