Not Connectable

Rexje

I never had problems in the past, but since some latest updates, I seem to be "not connectable" according some P2P sites I am a member of. I use the latest version of uTorrent, version 3.2.3.. I have a fast PC, with Windows 7 installed. uTorrent functions very well, except for the connectivity, as mentioned. My ports in the router are opened, and the test in uTorrent confirms that.

According some P2P sites, the problem only occurs with later versions of uTorrent and they therefore advise to re-install an older version. I can't believe that this is the cause, although many people changed the version, and it works since then.

Can somebody tell me what I should do to get connectable?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rexje (Gerrit)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, like I said, I never had problems with older versions of uTorrent, so it has to do with changes in uTorrent. That is also what site operators say about the new versions of uTorrent. I contacted all sites I am downloading from, and 3 of the 6 confirmed that they experience problems with it in general. That can't be a coincident.

That is why I would like to know what is the cause of it, as it gives me a lot of problems! Do I need to install an older version? If yes: Why?

Looking forward to get a logical explanation,

Rexje

Archived