uTorrent 3.2.3 doesn't download files.

baird319

Hi all,

I have been using uTorrent for a few years now, and I have just let all the settings go to recommended and I have never looked at these forums until recently. I started downloading beta versions, and that is where all of my problems began. I have gone through your troubleshooting posts for download speeds, I have completed the checklist 5 or 6 times now, and nothing has seemed to helped in any manner. I also am unable to find any links on this site to download previous versions of uTorrent (as I have been told 2.2 is the best version to use).

First and foremost, as of the latest update, any torrent file or magnet link I start downloading in uTorrent is automatically put onto "Queued" and never starts downloading unless I ask it to Force Start (which I don't particularly like doing).

Secondly, as of the latest update (again) my download speeds have gone from 3/4 mbps (average) to less than 100 kbps on every single file I try and download, no matter how many seeders or trackers are online. As I stated before, I have gone through the troubleshooting threads and completed the posts 5/6 times. ([EDIT] My upload speeds have remained the same, around 600-800 kbps)

I have checked the list of companies that throttle in Australia, and the provider I am with does not throttle.

If anyone is able to help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks very much.

Baird319

First and foremost, as of the latest update, any torrent file or magnet link I start downloading in uTorrent is automatically put onto "Queued" and never starts downloading unless I ask it to Force Start (which I don't particularly like doing).

Screenshot showing your main window when this happens.

And do NOT leave anything out of the screenshot of the main window. There's about a 95% chance it's your settings causing this.

Secondly, as of the latest update (again) my download speeds have gone from 3/4 mbps (average) to less than 100 kbps on every single file I try and download, no matter how many seeders or trackers are online.

The number of trackers online is completely irrelevant to your speeds. They don't provide you pieces. The number of seeds is also irrelevant as long as availability is greater than 1.

Stop all your torrents and test with torrents from http://slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php

Screenshot showing your main window when this happens.

And do NOT leave anything out of the screenshot of the main window. There's about a 95% chance it's your settings causing this.

uTSS_zpse9ce8b72.jpg

The number of trackers online is completely irrelevant to your speeds. They don't provide you pieces. The number of seeds is also irrelevant as long as availability is greater than 1.

Stop all your torrents and test with torrents from http://slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php

hmm, I downloaded the first file, and it peaked at 1.5mbps, but for the most part it was hanging around 200kbps... how weird

"Stopped by user activity"

Meaning you have a setting causing it.

I believe that was for the first torrent that I manually stopped...

I have searched through my settings and havent found anything that would represent that "queued setting...

Also, would you have any insight on whats happening with the speeds..?

Archived