Repeating IP for downloads - help

dmartin29

I searched the forum, read the FAQ but, as the crazy subject line indicates, I have little idea how to explain this briefly. I have been using 3.2.3 and downloading well for long time. In the past couple of weeks most all the "peers" are the same 1 to 3 Ip's and are listed multiple times (10 to 20 or more, each) including my own with available % matching what was already downloaded. Slowly the one or two "good" Ip's" get the job done.

No new software added recently but a couple of "SpyBot" runs and some other tame utilities. What did I do?

Difficult to say at this point. When I started using it about three years ago I followed some suggestions to improve but haven't touched them in a year or so.with all working fine. Worst I did recently is run a registration cleaner but not very aggressively and since this started. New info though: The redundant Ip's are all me!! From my network. Two are network drives, one is my printer, another a computer and two are my network addresses (wired and wireless) and one for some reason is a variation of the MAC address of a router!

I can not figure why this "phantom looping" is going on. No data is transferring but most all the resources are tied up? Thanks for any help.

One thing that just occurred to me is two "nooks" and an additional phone were put on the network. None are running now or are even here.

Archived