Problems with smart episode filter

knockoutpill

I'm having some problems getting the smart episode filter to download torrents automatically. I'm using uTorrent 3.2.3 (build 28705).

Here's an example:

In the RSS Downloader window (ctrl+r) I have added a "Favorites" named Banshee with the following filter settings:

Filter: Banshee*

Feed: <an RSS feed I have added. I can see that it gets updated in the client>

Quality: All

Episode Number: checked. Value: 1x03-6x20

Smart ep. filter: checked

Minimum interval: "(match always)"

(All other fields left blank or unchecked)

I expected this filter to grab Banshee.S01E03.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4 but it did not.

I read in the guide (http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/rss) that for smart episode filter to work I need to have the episode number checked, that's why I have the 1x03-6x20 there.

What am I doing wrong?

With the ? button I was able to get some matches. I think the reason the downloads aren't starting automatically and that I'm not getting any matches on my filters is that the uTorrent client isn't fetching the RSS often enough and when it does fetch the RSS it only fetches the 25 latest items which makes it miss a lot of stuff on a very active tracker.

Another irritating thing is that there is no save button in the RSS Downloader window so sometimes when you set up filters it doesn't save what you have written down when you click the Close button.

I'm having another problem with the episode number filter.

Because I'm trying to download anime episodes from an anime tracker, it doesn't seem to find them using the episode numbers. Anime episodes usually don't have the Season number in the episode title, only the episode number itself, that's probably why my 1x16- doesn't get any matches. When I uncheck the filter, matches are found. Is there a way to not look for season tags?

Is there a way to add a %ep% tag or something similar to the filter line, so the episode number filter knows where to check for it in the torrent name?

Archived