Configuration not working

vze2mp9g

Hi,

I'm trying to use the USE BOSS-KEY PASSWORD feature, and everytime I put in the password, exit uT and restart and use the password (CTRL+SHIFT+~), uT doesn't hide as per the help file.

I also would like to know if I can delete everything in the %APPDATA%\uTorrent\DLIMAGECACHE\ directory and is that information I might need?

Next, what is suppose to be in the following directories:

%APPDATA%\uTorrent\IE

%APPDATA%\uTorrent\SHARE

Lastly, is there an easier way to send file(s) (not TORRENT files) to people I know or work with. For example, there is a directory where I keep my PDF files ( X:\PDFs\ ) and a couple of pictures I want to send to someone (C:\Users\MY USER NAME\My Pictures\Pic1.jpg, Pic2.jpg, Pic7.jpg). I don't want to "Drag and Drop" the files to uT main windows. What I mean is, is there a way where I can pick and choose the files I want to send to someone, similar to the "uTorrent Adder.exe" file?

I really like for someone to help me with these minor problems. I tried searching trough the HELP file, but it didn't help. I would appreciate any and all help.

there is a directory where I keep my PDF files ( X:\PDFs\ ) and a couple of pictures I want to send to someone
Have you heard of 'email'???

Sending files to ANYONE via uTorrent involves them having a BitTorrent client installed and you sending them a .torrent file or a "magnet" link.

there is a directory where I keep my PDF files ( X:\PDFs\ ) and a couple of pictures I want to send to someone

Sending files to ANYONE via uTorrent involves them having a BitTorrent client installed and you sending them a .torrent file or a "magnet" link.

According to the documentation I read on line. All you have to do is drag and drop the files you want into uT main window and following the instructions and send an e-mail with the link to download the file, to the person who will be downloading the files.

I tried this with my other computer in the fourth bedroom in my house, and when I received the e-mail, from myself with the link to download the file, it took me to a page called tinyurl.com. Then when I went to "DOWNLOAD" the file via my browser on the computer in the fourth bedroom, which doesn't have uT installed, it gave me a '303' File not found error. I doubled checked my other comuter with uT installed, and it was in seeding mode. The total size of the file I was trying to send was a little over 20Mb. Now if I wanted to send a movie to someone, not having uT installed, which can be anywhere from 300Mb to 1Gb+. All the receiving person would have to do is open his browser and click the download button and go to bed and the next morning, he/she would have the movie.

This would be great if the other person doesn't know anything about Torrents and you definately cannot send a 1Gb via e-mail, the most I can send at one time is 4Mb. That's why I'm trying to get this work. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, along with any help on this matter.

Thank You. :cool:

BTW, uT does create a torrent, but it gives you the link to give the other person downloading the file, for example, I just did one now, and the link is http://tinyurl.com/aptobz6, which isn't a torrent. But if you do have a BitTorrent Client installed, you can also download it with your BitTorrent Client. This is for people who know very little about PCs (but they THINK they do), and never heard of the work Torrent.

Thank You. :)

According to the documentation I read on line. All you have to do is drag and drop the files you want into uT main window and following the instructions and send an e-mail with the link to download the file, to the person who will be downloading the files.
And if you continue to read it also says:
They simply enter it into a Web browser to receive instructions and a download button. (And if they don't already have µTorrent, the download button will include a µTorrent client.)

Why not use 7Zip and compress the files into multiple archives? Or GSplit if it is a single file.

Or upload the file to one of the many "sharing" sites or DropBox, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive etc. and send them the link, you can compress the files first to reduce the download.

BTW' date=' uT does create a torrent, but it gives you the link to give the other person downloading the file, for example, I just did one now, and the link is [url']http://tinyurl.com/aptobz6, which isn't a torrent. But if you do have a BitTorrent Client installed, you can also download it with your BitTorrent Client. This is for people who know very little about PCs (but they THINK they do), and never heard of the work Torrent.

Thank You. :)

BTW, the link takes you to uTorrent Remote where you can download the file(s). It gives you this:

The above link will download the content sent to you, plus a µTorrent client if you do not already have one.

If you prefer to use a different bittorrent client, you can use the magnet link.

Have the bundle torrent

Or the proxy torrent link

On this download page/link it tells you to share this link with friends, and the link to that is:

http://remote.utorrent.com/tiny/gE3OJQ

When you click Download, it takes you to a blank screen with:

302 Found

nginx/1.2.3

I'm sorry for no actual screen shots, but I haven't time to install one yet, I just re-installed W7SP1 along with uT 3.3, and I'm not having any problems besides this one.

Thank you in advance.

The point stands that to download files using BitTorrent the other part WILL need a BitTorrent client installed on their machine.
When you click Download, it takes you to a blank screen with:

I get http://ciaobaby.info/screenshots/utorrent/send-files.png

From my understanding of the message is that, if the other part doesn't have a BitTorrent, it will be included in the download. I don't know what I'm missing. Here is what it actually says about sending files to someone without a BitTorrent:

Send content from your computer

You can send any files on your computer - pictures, home video, your songs, documents - with this procedure:

•Locate the file or folder you want to share.

•Drag and drop the file or folder onto the µTorrent interface and then follow instructions. At the end of the process, click Copy Link. Now, send this link to whomever you’d like via e-mail, chat, etc.

When people receive your link:

•They simply enter it into a Web browser to receive instructions and a download button. (And if they don't already have µTorrent, the download button will include a µTorrent client.)

* Note: Your computer and µTorrent must be on and serving your content at the time somebody is downloading it.

That's all I really want to do is to send files to people who do not have a BitTorrent and do not know anything about BitTorrent. These people are not ADVANCED user of the PC and a couple of them have a Mac.

I really don't want to create any waves, I just want to understand how to send files to people who don't have and don't know what a BitTorrent is. Most of these people don't want to know anything about BitTorrent and they don't care. They all involved with the Social Networks (Facebook/Twitter..).

Again, thank you in advance.

Archived