New uTorrent 3.3.1 Beta Build 29335 - Unable to load torrent

norstar

I have been running 3.2.3 for a while and last nigh I upgraded to 3.3.1 I start to have problem with 90% of the torrent links I tried. I never had these many problems in one night before. When I clicked on the torrent file link, the download window show the torrent files downloaded but the torrent window that shows the file properties and allow me to change location, name and the files did not pop up. Two windows would then show up one after the other with the following messages,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to load xxxxx.torrent: the system cannot find the file specific. !

Unable to load "xxxxx": the system cannot find the file specified.!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The preferences have the same settings as before and the following is still true,

When Adding Torrents

Unchecked - Don't start the download automatically

Checked - Activate the program window

Checked - Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestion as this seldom happened with the old version.

Thanks.

I tested further and found out that IE seems to download the files no problem and the property window pops up too. The problem I am seeing would only happen to Firefox which I was using all the time with the 3.2.3 code and did not have the same problem before.

• 1 month later...

Archived